Time management. It’s almost a paradoxical thing in most of our lives. When we have no goals, not much work, we often seem to efficiently manage our time. It’s when we start having proper goals in our life that we start messing up.
Do you know that animals, birds and every other living creature on earth don’t know the concept of time? Time is purely a man-made concept. Time, time-keeping, time-management, and time-efficiency – all of these are really the things that we humans created. Even though we created this concept, very few of us actually mastered the art of managing our time. Yes, time management is an art.
Before we talk about what this series is all about, let me tell you about what I have done in the last 3 months.
I have completed watching all the seasons of
1. Person Of Interest
4. House of Cards
5. Prison Break
– seasons 1,2,3 of Breaking Bad
– season-1 of Agents of SHIELD
I have completed reading the following books:
- The science of being great – Wallace Wattles
- The science of getting rich – Wallace Wattles
- Think and Grow Rich – Napolean Hill
- Personal MBA – Josh Kaufman
- Photoreading – Paul Scheele
- The 4 hour workweek – Timothy Ferris
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind – Harv T. Ecker
- Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki
- Talent is Overrated – Geoffrey Colvin
- 48 Laws of power – Robert Greene
- Awaken the giant within – Anthony Robbins
- The Education of a bodybuilder – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Millionaire Fastlane – MJ DeMarco
- The magic question – Bart Baggett
- So Good they can’t ignore you – Cal Newport
- Man’s search for meaning – Viktor Frankl
- Mastery – George Leonard
- Total Money Makeover – Dave Ramsey
and I have started applying most of what I have learnt.
I watched the following movies in the last 3 months:
- The Imitation Game
- Grand Budapest Hotel
- Guardians of galaxy
- How to train your dragon 2
- Gone Girl
- 22 Jump Street and
- 7 Tamil movies and 2 Malayalam movies.
Along with all that,
- I bought domain space and hosting for my website.
- I designed, coded and implemented my website, and got it up and running by Jan 15th, 2015.
- I posted around 40 articles in the last 3 months.
- 1/3rd of the articles are on personal development self-improvement and accomplishing greatness, another 1/3rd on Python and Competitive Programming, another 1/3rd on technology and other categories.
And, I am interning with Paypal. I work from 9.30AM to 6PM. I go to the gym every day from 4.30PM to 6PM. I have gone from a little bit overweight to fit and I am very well on my way to a complete makeover. I observe that the overall body fat has reduced and muscle mass has increased.
How did I accomplish these many things in just 3 months? You will know the answer, by the end of this series.
This new series is an out and out time and time management based series.
In this technological era, there are too many apps to manage your time, track your efficiency, and automate most of your routine, but too little the value we place on our time and the least personal-productivity we have. The one main reason for this – we are all constantly and consistently distracted. With the advent of social media, the aspect of personal productivity has taken a dip in almost everyone’s life.
You might be having some questions like,
– How do I balance my work and life?
– How do I spend more time with my better half and my children?
– How can I spend more time for the things I am passionate about?
– How can I spend time learning a new skill outside of work?
and these questions are endless. You can keep asking such questions all day and it won’t make much difference. You know why? It will make little difference because you already have all the answers within you. The trick is to bring them out and spread them out in front of your own eyes. That’s what this series is going to do to you. Each and every article in this series is going to hook you on, pull you up, hit you hard and bring out the answers you have inside of you for all your questions related to this one aspect of your life that you are struggling with, which you are eventually going to overcome and master – managing your time.
There’s one catch though. If you want to become a better manager of time, if you want to be a master of your own time, you’re gonna have to take this journey and you have to do the tasks that will be given in this series. If you do all the tasks that will be given in this series, you will see an improvement in your ability to manage your time well, in as little as two weeks.
So, ready for the series? Remember my post from the past – Habit Formation – the only way it works? I have said some crucial things in that post about the formation of habits. Before we get started, I want you to go through that post and remind yourself of the bummers you will face in between and how you can overcome those hurdles. Once you make up your mind, you will be ready to rock your life with the help of this series.
Let’s get started!
Oh, by the way, it won’t hurt to have the support of every single person you know, accompanying you on this journey of becoming the master of your time. So, share this post with all of your friends and family, invite them to participate along with you in this journey.
FYI, the share buttons are right above the comments section below.